• Home
  • About Us
  • Events
  • Submissions
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Nasheman Urdu ePaper

Nasheman

India's largest selling Urdu weekly, now also in English

  • News & Politics
    • India
    • Indian Muslims
    • Muslim World
  • Culture & Society
  • Opinion
  • In Focus
  • Human Rights
  • Photo Essays
  • Multimedia
    • Infographics
    • Podcasts
You are here: Home / Archives for Nasheman

Mangaluru: One-year-old child among 29 people who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

Mangaluru: One-year-old child among 29 people who tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday

Mangaluru: Dakshina Kannada recorded 29 new Corona cases on Thursday including a one-year-old child, which raised the total number of infected to 494.

Of the new cases, 19 people had returned from Saudi Arabia, Muscat, Sharjah, and Qatar. Also, the cases include 11 women, a one-year-old child, and eight men.

A 35-year-old woman in the city was diagnosed with influenza-like illness. A 50-year-old woman was put under the ‘contact under tracing’ category. A 24-year-old man who had come from Mumbai on June 21 had been kept under quarantine. All the infected people are being treated at the District Wenlock Hospital.

Also, a 68-year-old woman died due to severe acute respiratory infection on Wednesday.

In a positive development, 43 patients were discharged on Thursday, following recovery. The number of recovered patients has gone up to 344. Most of the patients are also showing steady health conditions.

A 49-year-old man and a 57-year-old woman with multiple health disorders were both put under ICU with oxygen supply and ventilator respectively.

Filed Under: Karnataka

Karnataka: Railway officer suspended for organizing son’s birthday party, testing positive for COVID

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

Bengaluru: A railway officer who had attended his grandson’s birthday party has tested positive for Corona and has been suspended since he had not taken the precautionary measure to maintain safe physical distancing at the party.

A senior technician of the Bengaluru Division of the Railways had organized the party at the Railway staff quarters a few days back. He tested positive for the virus two days after the event. Two more Railways staff who attended the party also tested positive.

Railways officer Asif Hafiz, who spoke on the matter, said that the officer had acted irresponsibly and, therefore, has been suspended from the duty.

“There are 140 houses in the quarters. Fortunately, nobody attended the birthday party. Only the relatives who came from outside Bengaluru attended. A safe distance was not maintained during the party,” Hafiz said.

Filed Under: bangalore

All regular train services to remain cancelled till Aug 12 Railways

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

All regular train services to remain cancelled till Aug 12: Railways

New Delhi: All regular mail, express and passenger services as well as suburban trains which had been canceled till June 30 due to the coronavirus pandemic, will now remain canceled till August 12, the Railway Board said on Thursday.

Sources said the decision was taken keeping in mind the increasing number of coronavirus cases in the country.

However, all special trains — 15 pairs running on the Rajdhani routes since May 12 and 100 pairs of mail/express trains operating since June 1 — will continue, they said.

The limited special suburban services which began recently in Mumbai to ferry essential services personnel identified by the local authorities will also continue to run, officials said.

“All tickets booked for the regular timetabled trains for journey date from 01.07.20 to 12.08.20 also stand canceled. A full refund will be generated,” the Railway Board order stated.

Earlier, the Railways had canceled all trains till June 30.

A railway spokesperson said during the lockdown period booking of tickets was allowed till April 14, 2020, with an advance reservation period of 120 days.

“Some of the passengers had booked tickets for regular trains being run before lockdown for the journey up to 12 August 2020 (120 days from 14 April 2020). In order to facilitate full refunds to those passengers who had booked tickets on or prior to April 14, 2020, these bookings have been canceled, he said.

The spokesperson also said the Railways is monitoring the occupancy position of these special trains on a regular basis and whenever a decision is taken to introduce new special trains, its schedule will be notified.

Regular train services have been disrupted days ahead of the nationwide lockdown which began from March 25. The Railways has also run more than 4,000 Shramik Special trains since May 1 to ferry migrant workers back to their home states.

Other than these services, the entire passenger services had been inoperational. However, it continued to run its freight and parcel services.

A record spike in COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday triggered the biggest single-day jump of close to 17,000 infections in the country even as Maharashtra, the state worst-hit by the pandemic, decided to undertake antigen and rapid antibody tests for the disease.

According to the Union Health Ministry data, COVID-19 cases rose by the highest-ever number of 16,922 to reach 4,73,105, while the death toll climbed to 14,894 with 418 new fatalities. This was the sixth consecutive day when coronavirus cases increased by more than 14,000.

Consequently, India has added 92,573 cases since June 20, and over 2.82 lakh this month alone since June 1.

Filed Under: India

Mandya: 7 & 13 year old kids die of drowning in lake while giving bathe to cow

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

Nagamangala: In an incident reported from Nagamangala, two kids died after drowning in a lake when they had been to the lake to give bathe to their cattle here on Thursday. The incident took place at Bolloru in Navamangala Taluk in Mandya Taluk.

The deceased kids have been identified as Puneet (7) a second-grade student and Manu (13) a seventh-grade student. They along with another kid had gone to the lake to wash cattle when they slipped into the water and died of drowning.

Bolloru Tahsildar and police personnel rushed to the spot after they were informed about the incident.

Filed Under: Karnataka

Three students returning home after SSLC exam critically injured in road accident in Karnataka

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

Gadag: Three students who were returning home after writing the SSLC examination on Thursday sustained critical injuries when the bike they were traveling in was hit by a truck coming from the opposite direction.

The incident took place near Bagevadi village in Mundargi Taluk of Gadag District.

The injured have been identified as Sidappa Talwar, Eranna Badiger, and Mailari Yalavathi.

All three students’ condition is said to be critical.

According to the reports, the trio was on their way to their native after appearing for an exam at Kalakeri examination center at Mundargi Taluk when the accident took place. They were rushed to the Mundargi Government Hospital on Ambulance immediately after the accident.

Filed Under: Karnataka

2-month-old kid, 70-year-old man killed in tragic road accident

June 26, 2020 by Nasheman

print sharing button

Davangere: In a tragic road accident, two including a two-month-old baby died on Thursday near Nuggihalli cross near Santhebennur in Channageri Taluk here in Davangere District. The incident took place when a bike and car collided with each other here.

The deceased have been identified as Chandramma Srinivas Acharya (70) and Manvita (2 months), both residents of Ranibennur Taluk in Haveri District.

Manvita’s parents have sustained injuries in the accident and have been rushed to a local hospital for treatment.

A case in this regard has been registered at Santhebennur Police Station.

Filed Under: Karnataka

Saudi Arabia to hold ‘very limited’ hajj due to coronavirus

June 23, 2020 by Nasheman

Saudi Arabia to hold 'very limited' hajj due to coronavirus

Saudi Arabia said Monday that this year’s hajj will not be cancelled, but that due to the coronavirus only “very limited numbers” of people will be allowed to perform the major Muslim pilgrimage.

The kingdom said that only people of various nationalities already residing in the country would be allowed to perform the hajj. The government did not specify how many people would be permitted to take part.

The annual pilgrimage, which is set to begin this year at the end of July, traditionally draws around 2 million Muslims from around the world for five intense days of worship and rituals in Makkah.

Saudi Arabia has never canceled the hajj in the nearly 90 years since the nation’s establishment. It halted the minor umrah pilgrimage, which can be performed year-round, in February, as the coronavirus began spreading across the region. 

Filed Under: World

Karnataka Medical Education minister K Sudhakar’s wife, daughter test COVID-19 positive

June 23, 2020 by Nasheman

Karnataka minister K Sudhakar's wife, daughter test COVID-19 positive

Bengaluru: Karnataka Medical Education Minister K Sudhakar’s wife and daughter have tested positive for COVID-19, a day after his father was confirmed to have been infected with the virus.

“Test results of our family members have come. Unfortunately, my wife and daughter have tested positive for #Covid19 and are undergoing treatment,” the minister tweeted on Tuesday.

He said he and his two sons have tested negative.

Sudhakar’s father P N Keshava Reddy tested positive for coronavirus on Monday. He was admitted to the hospital with a cough and fever.

Earlier, the domestic help of the minister had tested coronavirus positive and was admitted to a hospital.

In April, Sudhakar was quarantined along with three other ministers for coming in contact with a journalist who was coronavirus positive.

Karnataka reported 249 new COVID-19 cases and five deaths on Monday taking the total number of cases in the state to 9,399 and the death toll to 142.

Filed Under: bangalore

B’luru: Police top-cop warns of legal action against clicking publishing pictures of COVID patients

June 23, 2020 by Nasheman

print sharing button
B'luru: Police top-cop warns of legal action against clicking publishing pictures of COVID patients

Bengaluru: City Police Commissioner Bhaskar Rao has warned of initiating legal action against people who click pictures or videos of Corona patients when they are being taken to hospital.

The Commissioner took to his official twitter address the issue and added that the social media and even some of the other news media have shown pictures and videos of Corona patients being taken to hospital.

“This is creating panic among the people nearby and reducing their courage. In addition, it is the invasion of privacy,” said Rao.

“No infected person’s picture or video may be taken without the person’s permission. If the rule is found to have been violated, we will take legal action,” the Commissioner stressed.

Filed Under: bangalore

COVID-19 Death Count In India Breaches 14,000, 14,933 Fresh Cases In 24 Hours

June 23, 2020 by Nasheman

Delhi on Monday emerged as the second worst-hit state by COVID-19 caseload in addition to death count though Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the situation in the national capital was getting stabilised gradually while Goa reported its first fatality from the disease.

Coronavirus India Live News Update: COVID-19 Death Count In India Breaches 14,000, 14,933 Fresh Cases In 24 Hours

Coronavirus Cases Updates: Delhi recorded 2,909 fresh cases on Monday

India has added 14,933 new COVID-19 cases, pushing the infection tally to 4,40,215 while the death count rose to 14,011 with 312 new fatalities in the last 24 hours, data from the Union Health Ministry this morning showed. Delhi on Monday emerged as the second worst-hit state by COVID-19 caseload in addition to death count though Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said the situation in the national capital was getting stabilised gradually while Goa reported its first fatality from the disease.
 

More than nine million people have now been infected with the coronavirus worldwide, according to an AFP tally drawing on official sources, as of Monday 1520 GMT. More than half of the 9,000,091 cases are in Europe and the United States: Europe having recorded 2,537,451 and the United States 2,281,903. The number of cases worldwide has doubled since May 16 and more than a million new cases have been recorded in the past seven days. The official figures nevertheless reflect only a fraction of the true number, as many countries only test serious cases.

Filed Under: India

  • « Previous Page
  • 1
  • …
  • 1020
  • 1021
  • 1022
  • 1023
  • 1024
  • …
  • 2641
  • Next Page »

Follow Us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

KNOW US

  • About Us
  • Corporate News
  • FAQs
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh

GET INVOLVED

  • Corporate News
  • Letters to Editor
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh
  • Submissions

PROMOTE

  • Advertise
  • Corporate News
  • Events
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh

Archives

  • February 2026 (6)
  • January 2026 (12)
  • December 2025 (6)
  • November 2025 (8)
  • October 2025 (12)
  • September 2025 (25)
  • August 2025 (46)
  • July 2025 (110)
  • June 2025 (28)
  • May 2025 (14)
  • April 2025 (50)
  • March 2025 (35)
  • February 2025 (34)
  • January 2025 (43)
  • December 2024 (83)
  • November 2024 (82)
  • October 2024 (156)
  • September 2024 (202)
  • August 2024 (165)
  • July 2024 (169)
  • June 2024 (161)
  • May 2024 (107)
  • April 2024 (104)
  • March 2024 (222)
  • February 2024 (229)
  • January 2024 (102)
  • December 2023 (142)
  • November 2023 (69)
  • October 2023 (74)
  • September 2023 (93)
  • August 2023 (118)
  • July 2023 (139)
  • June 2023 (52)
  • May 2023 (38)
  • April 2023 (48)
  • March 2023 (166)
  • February 2023 (207)
  • January 2023 (183)
  • December 2022 (165)
  • November 2022 (229)
  • October 2022 (224)
  • September 2022 (177)
  • August 2022 (155)
  • July 2022 (123)
  • June 2022 (190)
  • May 2022 (204)
  • April 2022 (310)
  • March 2022 (273)
  • February 2022 (311)
  • January 2022 (329)
  • December 2021 (296)
  • November 2021 (277)
  • October 2021 (237)
  • September 2021 (234)
  • August 2021 (221)
  • July 2021 (237)
  • June 2021 (364)
  • May 2021 (282)
  • April 2021 (278)
  • March 2021 (293)
  • February 2021 (192)
  • January 2021 (222)
  • December 2020 (170)
  • November 2020 (172)
  • October 2020 (187)
  • September 2020 (194)
  • August 2020 (61)
  • July 2020 (58)
  • June 2020 (56)
  • May 2020 (36)
  • March 2020 (48)
  • February 2020 (109)
  • January 2020 (162)
  • December 2019 (174)
  • November 2019 (120)
  • October 2019 (104)
  • September 2019 (88)
  • August 2019 (159)
  • July 2019 (122)
  • June 2019 (66)
  • May 2019 (276)
  • April 2019 (393)
  • March 2019 (477)
  • February 2019 (448)
  • January 2019 (693)
  • December 2018 (736)
  • November 2018 (570)
  • October 2018 (611)
  • September 2018 (692)
  • August 2018 (666)
  • July 2018 (468)
  • June 2018 (440)
  • May 2018 (616)
  • April 2018 (772)
  • March 2018 (338)
  • February 2018 (157)
  • January 2018 (188)
  • December 2017 (142)
  • November 2017 (122)
  • October 2017 (146)
  • September 2017 (176)
  • August 2017 (201)
  • July 2017 (222)
  • June 2017 (155)
  • May 2017 (205)
  • April 2017 (156)
  • March 2017 (178)
  • February 2017 (195)
  • January 2017 (149)
  • December 2016 (143)
  • November 2016 (169)
  • October 2016 (165)
  • September 2016 (137)
  • August 2016 (115)
  • July 2016 (116)
  • June 2016 (124)
  • May 2016 (170)
  • April 2016 (150)
  • March 2016 (199)
  • February 2016 (201)
  • January 2016 (216)
  • December 2015 (210)
  • November 2015 (174)
  • October 2015 (281)
  • September 2015 (241)
  • August 2015 (250)
  • July 2015 (188)
  • June 2015 (216)
  • May 2015 (281)
  • April 2015 (306)
  • March 2015 (296)
  • February 2015 (280)
  • January 2015 (245)
  • December 2014 (286)
  • November 2014 (254)
  • October 2014 (185)
  • September 2014 (98)
  • August 2014 (7)

Copyright © 2026 · News Pro Theme on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in