• Home
  • About Us
  • Events
  • Submissions
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Nasheman Urdu ePaper

Nasheman

India's largest selling Urdu weekly, now also in English

  • News & Politics
    • India
    • Indian Muslims
    • Muslim World
  • Culture & Society
  • Opinion
  • In Focus
  • Human Rights
  • Photo Essays
  • Multimedia
    • Infographics
    • Podcasts
You are here: Home / Archives for Nasheman

300 cars gutted in fire near Bengaluru air show

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

Nasheman News : A fire in the parking lot in front of the Yelahanka air base in Bengaluru, where the Aero India show is underway, gutted around 300 cars on Saturday, police said. No casualties were reported.

The fire is likely to have been caused due to dry grass catching fire aided by high velocity winds, Director General of Police in Karnataka M.N. Reddi told media.

The fire, which began at around 12 noon, quickly burnt down the vehicles parked by visitors and public attending the show at the Indian Air Force base.

It gave out thick black smoke. Attempts were made to control the blaze by creating a gap by removing adjacent cars. 

The fire personnel controlled the blaze by creating a gap by removing adjacent cars, Reddi said. 

“In all, 300 cars were burnt. Fire is fully extinguished now,” Reddi said in a tweet later. 

The exact reason for the fire, however, could not be ascertained from the officials so far. 

Ten 10 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. 

The aerial display of aircraft in the afternoon, between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. continued according to schedule. 


Filed Under: Environment

CBI men attacked in Noida

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

Nasheman News : A CBI team was on Saturday attacked here in Uttar Pradesh when it tried to accost an accused in a bribery case, officials said.

Some of the Central Bureau of Investigation officers suffered minor injuries, a police officer said.

The probe team was attacked upon reaching a farmhouse adjacent to the national capital, where the accused Sunil Dutt was said to be hiding. 

“The team was attacked by the family members of the accused to help him escape from the spot,” he said, adding that the CBI action had come following specific input about the presence of Dutt.

Noida police personnel rushed to the spot to rescue the CBI men after receiving a call.


Filed Under: Crime

Enough is enough, says Vidya Balan on Pakistani artiste ban

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

[Nasheman news] Mumbai With the Hindi film industry condemning the Pulwama terror attack and not releasing films in Pakistan besides banning all Pakistani artistes from working in India, National award-winning actress Vidya Balan on Friday said a strong stand needs to be taken this time.

“Though I have always believed that art should be kept away from all boundaries and politics, I think we have to take a stand now. Enough is enough,” Vidya told the media at the launch of her debut radio show “Dhun Badal Ke Toh Dekho.” 

In the worst-ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a suicide bomber on February 14 rammed his SUV packed with explosives into a CRPF bus in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers. Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed later claimed responsibility for the attack.

When asked if art should be kept away from politics, the “Tumhari Sulu” actress said, “As an individual I believe that there is no better way to bring people together than arts, be it music, poetry, dance, theatre, cinema or any other art form. But this time I think we should just take a break from this practice and see what can be done for the future. As I said, some tough calls have to be taken at some point.”

A host of Bollywood actors, including Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Ajay Devgan and Vicky Kaushal, among others, have condemned the Pulwama attack. 

The film “Total Dhamaala” directed by Indra Kumar too did not release in Pakistan for the same reason.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Himachal avalanche: Trace of 5 missing soldiers speeds up

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

[Nasheman news] ShimlaWith the weather clearing up on Saturday following days of snowfall, rescuers sped up their search efforts near the Tibet border in Himachal Pradesh, where an avalanche killed a soldier and five more went missing earlier this week.

The authorities suspect that the possibility of survival of those trapped in the snow pile was minimal as the searches entered the fourth day.

“The search operation began early in the morning and we are hopeful,” an Indian Army spokesperson told IANS.

Mountaineers of Dogra Scouts, as well as specialised equipment, including thermal radars, have been deployed in the search operation.

Blizzard conditions, high speed winds, fresh snowfall and poor visibility had severely hampered the rescue operations, the spokesperson added.

An avalanche on February 20 was triggered when the glacier near Namgia Dogri bordering Tibet slid, burying six soldiers of the Jammu and Kashmir Rifles when 16 of them were on a routine patrol. 

Body of one soldier was found later. Five Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) troopers were also injured in the disaster.

The state government said two separate parties of the Army and the ITBP were patrolling at Namgia Dogri when the avalanche hit.

The soldier who died has been identified as Rakesh Kumar, 41, belonging to Himachal Pradesh’s Bilaspur district. His body was airlifted on Friday and sent to his native village.

Meanwhile, the movement on the national highway between Pooh and Karcham in Kinnaur (NH-5) continued to be hampered due to rock falls and snow slides.

The General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF), a wing of the Border Roads Organisation, has been deployed to clear the road, officials said.

The disaster spot, which is some 350 km from the state capital, had been witnessing heavy snowfall over the past few days.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Jamaat-e-Islami chief among dozens detained in J&K

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

[NASHEMAN NEWS] Srinagar In a tough move authorities have detained dozens of Jamaat-e-Islami cadres in the Kashmir Valley, including its top leadership during a mass crackdown, police sources said.

The nocturnal raids were conducted in south, central and north Kashmir districts to mop up the senior-most members of the political group.

A spokesman of the Jamaat said those detained include the chief, (Ameer-e-Jamaat) Abdul Hamid Fayaz.

The authorities have given no explanation as to why the raids were necessitated on the oldest religio-political organisation which has over 5,000 cadres.

Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Yasin Malik was also detained by the police in Srinagar on Friday. He has been lodged in a police station.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

AIADMK MP dies in car accident

February 23, 2019 by Nasheman

[Nasheman news] ChennaiSitting AIADMK MP S. Rajendran died in a road accident near Tindivanam in Viluppuram district on Saturday, police said. He was 62.

Elected from the Viluppuram constituency, Rajendran was travelling in his car when it hit the median on the road.

The Lok Sabha member was severely injured and succumbed at a hospital. Three others, including the driver, have also been injured and were being treated.

Meanwhile, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami condoling Rajendran’s death said it was a great loss for the party and the people of Viluppuram.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Sever cricket ties with countries supporting terrorism: BCCI writes to ICC

February 22, 2019 by Nasheman

Nasheman News : Without naming Pakistan, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Friday urged the cricketing nations all over the world to sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates.

BCCI CEO Rahul Johri has written a letter to the global cricket governing body, International Cricket Council (ICC), urging it to ensure safety of Indian players in the upcoming ICC tournaments in the aftermath of the dastardly Pakistan-sponsored terror attack in Pulwama that killed more than 40 Centra Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers on February 14.

“This communication is being addressed to voice the BCCI’s concerns and sentiments that have emerged after the recent dastardly terrorist attack which was carried out on Indian soil by a terror outfit based out of Pakistan which resulted in the death of 44 (sic) Indian security personnel,” Johri wrote in the letter, a copy of which is in possession of IANS.

“In view of the aforesaid terrorist attack, BCCI fears for the safety and security of players and match officials participating in upcoming ICC events including the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019,” he wrote.

“Most countries from which the members of the ICC hail (including United Kingdom) have strongly condemned this terrorist attack and expressed solidarity with India. BCCI urges the cricketing community to sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates,” he added.

The CEO also urged the ICC to provide the Indian players and officials quality security in the marquee ICC tournament.

“The BCCI also wishes to express its concerns over the safety and security of fans of Indian cricket at the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.”

“The BCCI trusts that the ICC and ECB will ensure that the most robust security is provided to players, match officials and fans of Indian cricket for the upcoming World Cup. The BCCI reserves all its rights and entitlements in this regard,” he signed off.

The BCCI’s Committee of Administrators (CoA) met for more than four hours in the national capital on Friday to take a call on playing arch rivals Pakistan in the World Cup on June 16 but was undecided on the issue and appeared to be waiting for an indication from the government before it can take a call.

“The June 16 (India vs Pakistan) match is very far away. We will take a call on that much later. We will take a decision only after consultations with the government,” CoA Chairman Vinod Rai told reporters after the meeting.

Filed Under: Sports

HAL delivers three Dhruv choppers to army

February 22, 2019 by Nasheman

Nasheman News : State-run defence behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) on Friday delivered three Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH Dhruv Mk-3) to the Indian Army as part of its contract for making 22 of these.

“We have handed over the documents of the first three of the 22 ALH MK-3 to the Indian Army,” HAL said at the Aero India air show.

HAL Chairman and Managing Director R. Madhavan was present when its helicopter division Chief Executive G.V.S. Bhaskar handed over the documents to Lt. Gen. Kanwal Kumar, Director General of Army Aviation Corps.

The city-based aerospace major in August 2017 signed a Rs 6,100-crore contract to supply 40 ALHs to the Indian Army, including 22 ALH Mk-3 and 18 weaponised ALH Mk-4 Rudra, and one ALH to the Indian Navy.

“Of the 22 helicopters, 19 have been produced and will be delivered in due course,” the company said.

The ALH Dhruv Mk-3 is a multirole new generation copter designed and developed by HAL.

Filed Under: Entertainment

EC lodges police complaint over fake NRI voting news

February 22, 2019 by Nasheman

Nasheman News : The Election Commission (EC) on Friday lodged a police complaint against unknown persons for spreading “fake news” about non-resident Indians (NRIs) being allowed to vote online in the coming Lok Sabha elections.

In a letter to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), New Delhi district, the EC said that publication of such fake news using the logo of the EC was causing “severe confusion in the public, thereby creating public nuisance and mischief”. 

“The unauthorised use of EC logo and the completely false statement regarding online voting seems to be done with a deliberate intent to cause mischief and mislead the public,” the EC complaint read.

The poll panel said it has already asked Twitter and WhatsApp to remove this fake news from their platforms.

It said the false news and unauthorised use of EC logo was violative of various sections of the Indian Penal Code and asked the police to lodge an FIR and “promptly investigate” the matter.


Filed Under: Cabinet of Curiosities

BS Yeddyurappa gets interim stay on inquiry from HC

February 22, 2019 by Nasheman

Karnataka audio clips: BS Yeddyurappa gets interim stay on inquiry from High Court

The Karnataka High Court’s Kalaburagi bench on Friday ordered an interim stay on the investigation into allegations that Bharatiya Janata Party state president BS Yeddyurappa tried to bribe a Janata Dal (Secular) MLA, media reported. Yeddyurappa had filed a plea to get a first information report against him quashed.

On February 8, Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy had released two  accusing Yeddyurappa of trying to poach the ruling coalition MLA Naganagowda Kandkur. In the audio clips, the BJP leader was purportedly heard offering the MLA’s son Sharangouda Rs 25 lakh and a ministerial post for his father if he switched parties.

Sharangouda had filed the FIR against Yeddyurappa and his associates under the Prevention of Corruption Act. The accused had got anticipatory bail from a Bengaluru court on Saturday. The High Court reserved its verdict on Yeddyurappa’s plea on Wednesday.

The other accused are BJP MLAs Shivanagouda and Preetham Gowda and Yeddyurappa’s advisor Marakal, according to media.

Yeddurappa had initially called the clip fake and had promised to quit politics if it turned out to be true. However, he later claimed that the voice was indeed his, even as he alleged that Kumaraswamy had “doctored” it. He admitted to meeting the MLA’s son.

“Kumaraswamy sent the MLA’s son to me to make me speak according to their requirements and then doctored and edited the audio,” Yeddyurappa said on February 10. “The chief minister himself seems to have written the script for the recording.”

Filed Under: News & Politics

  • « Previous Page
  • 1
  • …
  • 1262
  • 1263
  • 1264
  • 1265
  • 1266
  • …
  • 2641
  • Next Page »

Follow Us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

KNOW US

  • About Us
  • Corporate News
  • FAQs
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh

GET INVOLVED

  • Corporate News
  • Letters to Editor
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh
  • Submissions

PROMOTE

  • Advertise
  • Corporate News
  • Events
  • NewsVoir
  • Newswire
  • Realtor arrested for NRI businessman’s murder in Andhra Pradesh

Archives

  • February 2026 (6)
  • January 2026 (12)
  • December 2025 (6)
  • November 2025 (8)
  • October 2025 (12)
  • September 2025 (25)
  • August 2025 (46)
  • July 2025 (110)
  • June 2025 (28)
  • May 2025 (14)
  • April 2025 (50)
  • March 2025 (35)
  • February 2025 (34)
  • January 2025 (43)
  • December 2024 (83)
  • November 2024 (82)
  • October 2024 (156)
  • September 2024 (202)
  • August 2024 (165)
  • July 2024 (169)
  • June 2024 (161)
  • May 2024 (107)
  • April 2024 (104)
  • March 2024 (222)
  • February 2024 (229)
  • January 2024 (102)
  • December 2023 (142)
  • November 2023 (69)
  • October 2023 (74)
  • September 2023 (93)
  • August 2023 (118)
  • July 2023 (139)
  • June 2023 (52)
  • May 2023 (38)
  • April 2023 (48)
  • March 2023 (166)
  • February 2023 (207)
  • January 2023 (183)
  • December 2022 (165)
  • November 2022 (229)
  • October 2022 (224)
  • September 2022 (177)
  • August 2022 (155)
  • July 2022 (123)
  • June 2022 (190)
  • May 2022 (204)
  • April 2022 (310)
  • March 2022 (273)
  • February 2022 (311)
  • January 2022 (329)
  • December 2021 (296)
  • November 2021 (277)
  • October 2021 (237)
  • September 2021 (234)
  • August 2021 (221)
  • July 2021 (237)
  • June 2021 (364)
  • May 2021 (282)
  • April 2021 (278)
  • March 2021 (293)
  • February 2021 (192)
  • January 2021 (222)
  • December 2020 (170)
  • November 2020 (172)
  • October 2020 (187)
  • September 2020 (194)
  • August 2020 (61)
  • July 2020 (58)
  • June 2020 (56)
  • May 2020 (36)
  • March 2020 (48)
  • February 2020 (109)
  • January 2020 (162)
  • December 2019 (174)
  • November 2019 (120)
  • October 2019 (104)
  • September 2019 (88)
  • August 2019 (159)
  • July 2019 (122)
  • June 2019 (66)
  • May 2019 (276)
  • April 2019 (393)
  • March 2019 (477)
  • February 2019 (448)
  • January 2019 (693)
  • December 2018 (736)
  • November 2018 (570)
  • October 2018 (611)
  • September 2018 (692)
  • August 2018 (666)
  • July 2018 (468)
  • June 2018 (440)
  • May 2018 (616)
  • April 2018 (772)
  • March 2018 (338)
  • February 2018 (157)
  • January 2018 (188)
  • December 2017 (142)
  • November 2017 (122)
  • October 2017 (146)
  • September 2017 (176)
  • August 2017 (201)
  • July 2017 (222)
  • June 2017 (155)
  • May 2017 (205)
  • April 2017 (156)
  • March 2017 (178)
  • February 2017 (195)
  • January 2017 (149)
  • December 2016 (143)
  • November 2016 (169)
  • October 2016 (165)
  • September 2016 (137)
  • August 2016 (115)
  • July 2016 (116)
  • June 2016 (124)
  • May 2016 (170)
  • April 2016 (150)
  • March 2016 (199)
  • February 2016 (201)
  • January 2016 (216)
  • December 2015 (210)
  • November 2015 (174)
  • October 2015 (281)
  • September 2015 (241)
  • August 2015 (250)
  • July 2015 (188)
  • June 2015 (216)
  • May 2015 (281)
  • April 2015 (306)
  • March 2015 (296)
  • February 2015 (280)
  • January 2015 (245)
  • December 2014 (286)
  • November 2014 (254)
  • October 2014 (185)
  • September 2014 (98)
  • August 2014 (7)

Copyright © 2026 · News Pro Theme on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in