Grand finale of Bangalore Fashion Week featuring designers Shruti Chopra, Govind Singh, Purvi Doshi, RajyalakshmiGubba, Zeba& Rahul and Riyaz Gangji
Bengaluru: Bangalore surpassed its level of fashion as Bangalore Fashion Week- Winter Collection culminated today. Sponsored by the mega online brand Wear.Style, the 17th edition showcased the wildly eclectic tastes of some of the leading as well as budding designers of the country over the course of 26 runaway shows. The 4th day witnessed big names like famous actor Rahul Dev and popular South Indian actresses SharmeilaMandre and Pranita Subash who showcased some of the finest collections of famous designers Govind Singh, Shruti Chopra and RajyalakshmiGubbarespectively. The finale show left its viewers spellbound as Reshma and Riyaz Gangji weaved his magic with Libas.
The day started off with students from Dream Zone displaying their set of designs, which consisted of innovative and modern clothing wear. Blending fashion with the colours of the horizon, internationally acclaimed fashion designer, Riyaz Gangjiwas the main highlight of the day as hhe presentedhis “horizon” collection.
Speaking about the fashion event, popular actor Rahul Devcommented,“Bangalore Fashion Week is one of its kind as it lets the rising superstars of fashion showcase their prowess and gives them a pedestal to rub shoulders with the best in the business. Frankly speaking, the energy at the event was infectious and the designs from maestros such as Govind left the audience mesmerized”
“Bangalore Fashion Week was whirlwind of talent, beauty and passion as the best minds from the country concocted some of the most intriguing designs. Shruti, for me is a woman with extraordinary vision and originality as she showcased her ingenious fashion as work of art.”, mentioned SharmeilaMandre, who also walked the ramp for Shruti.
Feroz Khan, Event Director- Dream Merchants, said “As Bangalore Fashion Weekreaches its crescendo, I feel both elated and overwhelmed. It proved to be a stellar platform to all budding and leading fashion designers alike. We were glad to host the designers who are the future of fashion in this country.”
Riyaz Gangji quotes “Libas, for me is a personal quest to weave together unique styles and cultures into one. The designs are aimed at evoking an aura of mystique and is a mesh of ethnic and western styles”
About Dream Merchants:
Dream Merchants was the first to capitalize the Need to Organise a Local Beauty Pageant, Miss Bangalore, which over the years has become the Main Fashion Event of Bangalore and has provided a Platform to Beautiful Women since 1994. With Qualitative focus on Fashion & Music Dream Merchants Launched Highly Successful Events; Bangalore Fashion Week and World Music Week.
- The first day featured Vaidehi, Aishwarya Tyagi, Seema Singh, Rohan Pariyar, Abhishek Dutta and students of Dream Zone College.
- Acclaimed actors Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Bidita Bag walked the ramp for designer Abhishek Dutta promoting their upcoming film Babumoshai.
- Tyagi Aishwarya Premprakash, showcased collection promoting and contemporizing different kinds of textiles.
- The base fabric of Rohan Pariyar’s collection were Eri and Linen cotton presenting a completely eco-friendly wear.
- India Universe 2016, Lakshmi Sheshadri used the fashion platform to spread awareness on her initiative ‘The Joy Box’ – the first of its kind clothing collection terminal which will be set up at strategic locations such as apartment complexes, schools and companies around the city.
- The second day of BFW showcased Amukta& Kriti, Rajesh Nepal, Parimal Jayakar, Dream Zone Monapali and Mini Shangle.
- Young designer students from Dream Zone kickstarted the day showcasing their vibrant designs in colorful designs and patterns.
- Monapali Sisters’ new collection, Tree of Life, inspired by a cosmic tree, showcased a blend of floral and geometric hand-crafted patterns giving a modern yet classic elegance.
- Mini Shangle showcased an eclectic mix of simple textiles and materials with detailed craftsmanship. The look was chic and constantly evolving. The essence of the label is bold, playful and sophisticated designs.
- Day 3 featured brilliant masterpieces by designers Prreeti Jain, Pranshu Garg, Kavya & Pooja, Rahul Singh and PriaKatariaPuri.
- PriaKatariaPuri was the main highlight of the day as she showcased her new collection “Firdsus”. With an interesting fusion of vibrant hues and hallmarked ethnic prints inspired from Persia & paisley designs, the outfits were masterpiece.
- PrreetiJaiinNainutia’s collection Nirmooha bought out the exuberance and charm of rich inheritance with intricate pearl and pitta work on the purest of cotton and silk materials.
- Kavya and Pooja created western cuts into Indian sensibilities.
- Grand finale of Bangalore Fashion Week featured designers Shruti Chopra, Govind Singh, Purvi Doshi, RajyalakshmiGubba, Zeba& Rahul and Riyaz Gangji.
- The 4th day witnessed big names like famous actor Rahul Dev and popular South Indian actresses SharmeilaMandre and Pranita Subash who showcased some of the finest collections of famous designers Govind Singh, Shruti Chopra and RajyalakshmiGubba respectively.
- Internationally acclaimed fashion designer, Reshma Riyaz Gangji was the main highlight of the day as they presented the “horizon” collection with his label Libas.